Composting is a process in which organic material undergoes biological degradation to a stable end product. The Mill has adopted Surface Composting process for treatment of spent wash by using Pressmud , Spentwash , Microbial Culture , Boiler Ash etc . The standard ratio of Pressmud to Spentwash is 1:2.5 . A fully mechanized aero-tiller machine is used for making good quality compost . The compost cycle is completed within 40 to 45 days and further 10 days are required for curing on maturation yard . The composted material is sold to member farmers at a subsidized rate after testing its parameters in laboratory . The compost yard has capacity to handle 8000 MT Pressmud per cycle . The total compost produced is 25000 MT annually .
|Sr.No||Parameters||Standard Value||Analysis Value|
|1||Nitrogen, N %||1.5-2.0||1.9|
|2||Phosphorus, P %||1.5-2.0||1.6|
|3||Potassium, K %||3.0-3.5||3.2|
|4||C/N Ratio||Below 17||16.00|
• Acts as a soil conditioner.
• Increases Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC) of soil.
• Promotes the activities of soil micro-organisms.
• Regulates soil temperature and moisture content.
• Provides Macro and Micronutrients.
• Increases water holding capacity of soil.